Today I leave my 20s behind for the exciting adventure of being in my 30s. A lot of people cringe at the idea of the ol’ birthday ticker turning two digits instead of just the usual one. Not me. I love birthdays. It’ll be a little weird to write 3- instead of 2-, but so is writing dates on checks the first couple of weeks every new year.
And the day job was kind enough to give me the day off for my birthday. Pretty cool. Here’s the agenda for the day:
- Ice skating at the Frog Pond (got my beginner’s hockey league on Monday, so might as well get a skate in first so I don’t look too foolish)
- Dinner and entertainment at Medieval Manor with friends
- Post-show/dinner drinks at the Black Rose
Stoked. And if I’m in “proper condition” there’s a big fencing practice tomorrow in Maine I’m hoping to hit up.
If you’re wondering how you can make my first day in my 30s a memorable one, here’s two simple and super-cheap ideas:
- Pick up any copies of the Jake Hawking short adventures you haven’t read yet. At less than a buck, it’s win-win, really. Think of it as getting me an inexpensive gift that I love, and in return you get an action-filled grab bag:
- Leave a review on Amazon, B&N, Smashwords, or Goodreads. Every little review adds up, helps convince other potential readers to pick up a copy, and helps me promote the stories on email lists that have a review number requirement.
Here’s to another decade of swashbuckling and life! Sláinte!